Ancon Expeditions of Panama is getting ready for welcoming you on your next visit!
The country has been slowly preparing for a gradual re-opening in order to make sure that your travel experience will be a memorable one and especially to give you the peace of mind that your entire trip will be arranged taking into consideration all recommended health and safety protocols by the local Health Ministry and Panamanian government.
We are also proud to be awarded the Safe Travels stamp by the World Travel & Tourism Council. Our mission is to make you feel safe and welcome during your stay!
Current updates on COVID-19 for reactivating Panama's economical and tourism activities:
- March 6, 2021, until further notice (depending on the development of COVID-19)
- Face masks are mandatory in all public spaces
- Night curfew from 10:00 p.m. to 4:00 a.m. every day (Mon-Sun)
- No more weekend quarantine
- February 15, 2021
- Face masks are mandatory in all public spaces
- Night curfew from 10:00 p.m. to 4:00 a.m. from Mondays through Fridays
- Total weekend quarantine from Fridays 10:00 p.m. to Mondays, 4:00 a.m. in the provinces of Panamá (City), Panamá Oeste, Cocle, Veraguas, Los Santos and Herrera. All other provinces (e.g. Chiriqui, Bocas, Azuero as popular travel areas) have no weekend quarantine in place, only the night curfew as listed under bullet point 1.
- Many cultural and leisure sites slowly reopening (NOTE: Panama Canal Transits will start operating again from October 2021. Panama Canal Visitor Centers have not yet announced the reopening date).
- Restaurants and cafés with seat-in slowly reopening (close by 9:00 pm)
- Retail trade, stores, and shopping malls open again
- No more restrictions of gender-based movement
- January 14, 2021
- Night curfew from 9:00 p.m. to 4:00 a.m. from Mondays through Fridays
- Total weekend quarantine from Fridays 9:00 p.m. to Mondays, 4:00 a.m.
- Beaches and rivers remain closed in the provinces of Panama City and West Panama (closest Pacific beach areas)
- Exercise and sports allowed outside (without other contacts or groups)
- No events or social gatherings
- Business commerce, industrial services, construction companies, professional services, technical & cleaning services, laundry, rental car companies, supermarkets, pharmacies, drugstores, utility stores, and wholesale trade open until 7:30 p.m.
- Shopping based on gender: Ladies on Mon/Wed/Fr and Gentlemen on Tue/Thur
- Retail trade and restaurants only delivery or take-away until January 31, 2021
- Retail trade, stores, hairdressers, beauty salons scheduled to reopen on February 1, 2021
- Cultural and leisure sites, cafés, restaurants with seat-in scheduled to reopen on February 15, 2021
- Gyms, Spa, Massage, and marinas scheduled to reopen on March 1, 2021
- Beaches and rivers scheduled to reopen in Panama City and West Panama provinces on March 15, 2021
- Many hotels have their reopening postponed until late March 2021
- December 18, 2020, through January 14, 2021:
- Night curfew from 7:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m.
- Total quarantine from Dec 25, 2020, at 7:00 p.m. through Dec 28, 2020, at 5:00 a.m.
- Total quarantine from Jan 1, 2021, at 7:00 p.m. through Jan 14, 2021, at 5:00 a.m.
- No events or social gatherings allowed
- Supermarkets only permit 1 person per family
- Airports, ports, and borders continue operating as usual according to biosecurity protocols
- Food delivery available until 10:00 p.m.
- Masks obligatory in inside and outside spaces
- October 25, 2020
- Beaches reopen from 6:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. daily
- The weekend curfew will be lifted in the entire country
- October 12, 2020:
- International and domestic flights resume operations
- Tourist activities, national parks, museums
- Restaurants, cafes
- Hotels (many of them are scheduled to reopen by mid-November / mid-December)
- Curfew on Sundays is still in place until further notice (24hrs quarantine)
- Safety Guidelines for your next visit to Panama (by the Panama Tourism Authority)
- Copa Airlines flight protocols
- Ancon Expeditions of Panama Biosecurity Protocols
BOOK 3 NIGHTS at our Bocas Inn and stay the 4TH NIGHT FOR FREE!
RESERVE BEFORE MARCH 31, 2021 and receive special hotel discounts for the Bristol Panama City, the Santa Maria Golf Resort Panama City, the Wyndham by Albrook Panama City, and Villa Marina Lodge in Playa Venao.
ISLA PALENQUE has special offers available:
Book 3 nights, get 4th night for free (valid from April 30 - Dec 20, 2021)
Book 4 nights, get 5th night for free (valid from Jan 5 - April 29, 2021)
Book 5 nights, get 6th + 7th night for free (valid until Dec 20, 2021)
Book 7 nights, get 8th + 9th night for free (valid until Dec 20, 2021)
SAVE US$25 per person when booking the San Blas & The Guna Indians 90+ days prior to arrival